Texas Condo Insurance Coverage

Condo Insurance

Condo insurance is designed specifically for people living in condos because it only covers drywall-inward on the unit itself.

At Osterts and Associates we will walk you through each policy so that you understand your options and meet your unique coverage needs.

Any kind of damage to your condo can cause major hassles. Some of the more common types of losses are:

  • Fire and smoke
  • Lightning strikes
  • Windstorms and hail
  • Vandalism and malicious mischief
  • Theft
  • Weight of ice, snow or sleet
  • Water damage

Condo insurance has 3 major parts:

  • Coverage for the condo unit itself
  • Loss assessment, which is your share of the deductible that is to be paid when a catastrophe claim is filed by the association; you can cover this on your policy. A common limit is $50,000.
  • Personal Property is covered for the types of claims listed in the policy jacket. Has anyone every asked if you needed replacement cost or NEW belongings?
  • Liability, which covers you if a guest is hurt in your condo unit, or you accidentally damage other units through a “loss"(such as fire or water damage).

Call Osterts and Associates Today!

We will answer all your questions!